WHAT COSTS CAN I EXPECT TO PAY
Conducting a gymnastics program is an expensive venture. Training requires low gymnast to coach ratios and an enormous capital outlay for the Lawnton Academy coupled with high recurrent cost. As such, fees must reflect these obligations to ensure the program's continuation. The Lawnton Academy's fees we believe offer good value for money compared to hourly rate of many other intensive sports.
Each year parents are required to pay Term Lesson fees, Annual Registration Fees & Support Group Levies. Discounts are offered to families with more than one child in attendance at the Academy. An "Early Discount" also applies to Lesson fees paid on or before the first lesson of each term.
To obtain our current Fee’s information booklet please email the gym on this email address - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Hours - Monday to Friday (10.00am - 6.00pm) and Saturday morning (8.30am - 12.30pm)
- EFTPOS Facilities are available. Minimum purchase $5.00. NO "CASH OUT" facility available.
- We do not accept payments by Cheque.
- Direct Deposits and over the phone credit card options are available and are the preferred method of payment for registered students.
Academy Uniform items (e.g. leotards etc) are not a requirement to attend classes. Uniforms are only required if your child is to participate in a Gymnastics Competition. Please see the General Information section of this website for information on suitable training attire.
WHAT OTHER COSTS CAN I EXPECT TO PAY
As gymnasts progress & if they choose to be involved in a competitive program they will be eligible to enter Academy, Inter-club, Regional, State and National Competitions, Championships and Level Tests. Parents will be required to pay:
- Competition / Level Test entry fees and levies
- GQ Competition Levies (Levies from the State Association for Volunteer & Judging Proxy fees – these fees are levied over all participants when applicable)
- Outfit gymnasts for training and competition in the required Lawnton Academy Uniform.
- Pay any travel costs associated with transporting children to training and competitions.
- For high level Team gymnast’s – hall hire levy for training sessions conducted at the State Training Venue – Chandler – if applicable.
- For Girls who are competing Level 7 - 10 - choreography of routines and optional music as required by the coach
- Gymnasts in the competitive program may also require additional training apparatus e.g. loops, hand-guards, tape etc. Parents would be advised when your child needs to obtain these items
NOTE - FOR RECREATIONAL GYMNASTICS COMPETITIONS ARE NOT COMPULSORY.
ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEES
Annual Registration Fees are due by first week of Term 1. For new students Registration Fees must be paid on completion of their two (2) lesson introductory course.
Family discounts are available on Annual Registration Fees for parents with more than one (1) child attending the Academy.
NOTE:- Families with 2 children doing 8 or more hours per week receive a 20% discount on the 2nd child's fees. Family discounts for the 3rd and subsequent children to increase in increments of 10%.
- Gymnasts transferring to the LAAG from other Clubs - Full Registration Fee’s are to be paid initially. A credit of 50% will be applied to the Annual Registration Fee once the transfer process with Gymnastics Australia is verified and completed. Proof of current registration with the previous club is required from Gymnastics Australia for the credit to be processed. This 50% discount is only available January 1st to October 31st.
- Gymnasts transferring to the LAAG from other Clubs - Gymnast's transferring to the Academy must ensure that they do not have any outstanding fees with their former club as a transfer of their registration details and personal injury insurance cover cannot occur if all debts with the previous club are not cleared. Gymnastics Australia applies a 30 day competition exclusion policy for gymnasts transferring to a new club.
WHAT DOES THE ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEE COVER
- Registration with Gymnastics Queensland & Gymnastics Australia. An annual benefits package is supplied for each student.
- Personal Injury Insurance Cover.
- Academy levy to cover maintenance of the facility and equipment, Public Liability Insurance, APRA & PPCA (performing arts) Licence.
- Prep, Pre-Level, MAG Level 0 & WAG Academy Level badges.
- Administration forms, booklets, newsletters, programs, chalk & incentives.
L.A.A.G. PARENT SUPPORT GROUP
The Lawnton Academy Parent Support Group is a voluntary NON - PROFIT organization whose main aim is to fundraise to assist all Academy students. The group operates independently of the Lawnton Academy business. The committee conducts regular meetings and the group holds its own bank account.
This Group provides: -
- Assistance to parents with costs involved for competitions that require lengthy travel (Intra and Interstate, National & International events)
- Trophies & awards for all Academy events eg. Annual Championships, Mini Olympics etc.
A small annual compulsory levy per gymnast is applied to assist the group with these ventures.
Activities that the Group conducts are: - Saturday morning & Competition Canteens, Easter Raffles, Xmas Raffles, Pie Drives etc. The Group usually has 3 major fundraising events each year.